So this is rather late, but I figure late is better than never and I can’t wait to share this amazing recipe with y’all. I spent my valentine’s day getting ready to decorate cupcakes with the mister. I’ll share our creations with y’all at the end of the post, but here was our decorating set up.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup sprinkles (the rainbow ones)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter softened (one stick)
1 1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a medium bowl whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and sprinkles together gently
3. Cream butter and sugar in your mixer or with a hand mixer
4. Add eggs one at a time letting them fully incorporate to the mixture
5. Add milk and vanilla to mixture
6. Slowly add parts of the flour mixture to the batter mixing throughly, but not on too high of a speed. You want to avoid breaking the sprinkles.
7. Divide into 24 cupcakes cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with crumbs
8. Let cool then decorate! Just your favorite icing recipe will work for these beauties.
The cupcakes I decorated- weight lifting, green lantern and a joker face.
Mister’s cupcakes for me – Cake, I <3 u and a pretty one
Overall our cupcake decorating was a lot of fun and a great way to spend Valentine’s day. Here is a link to an easily printable version of the recipe.
Recipe adapted from crumbs and chaos