This is the hardest review I’ve written to date. I really did not like this book and instead of rambling I’m going to give you a list of why I was unhappy with it after sharing the couple of things I did like.
Love Unscripted revolves around an independent business owner Taryn who has an unexpected run in with a very famous movie star Ryan. It’s about them falling in love and dealing with his crazy fans. That’s about the best summary I can give because the plot was all over the place in this book.
The good is that the first 25% and the last 5-10% of the book was amazing and if the whole book encompassed that I would have loved it. The story was a bit different than what I normally read, but it wasn’t a brand new take either.
Now for my issues with the book.
- The dialogue was ridiculous. A lot of the lines were just not realistic things people would say to each other. It left me going “what the fuck” constantly because I don’t know a single person who would say things like this to their significant other.
- I wanted to slap Taryn multiple times throughout the book. She was great and then utterly annoying. It felt like she only had two states of emotions – happy (with Ryan) and then in a panic/freaking out/being dumb state when he was away or she thought he was cheating.
- Too many plots. I can literally tell you there were about 4 different plots throughout the book it felt like. One major event would end and another crazy train would start.
- The amount of demeaning stuff Taryn would say to his fans. I’m not somebody who has ever been a crazy fan or known what it’s like to be chased by paparrazi but I feel like celebrities have a bit of a thankfulness to their fans because obviously it’s why they are famous.
- Go read the other reviews it will make you understand my dislike.
So I regret to say that this book is total trash for me. I really can’t recommend it to anyone. I gave it 1/5 stars and am just happy to be done reading it.