When I first saw this recipe I knew I HAD to make it. I mean I love whiskey and I love caramel so it was the perfect match.
I mean hello look at them! My mouth is just watering at the thought of eating some more of them. And they are surprisingly easy to make!
5 tbsp butter
2 ounces (or one tiny travel bottle) Whiskey
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp sea salt/coarse salt
1. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper; it needs to be hanging over the edges so you can pull out the caramel easily later on
2. Combine butter, heavy whipping cream, whiskey, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 1-2 quart sauce pan; bring to a boil
3. Once boiling remove from heat and set aside
4. In a 3 quart sauce pan mix sugar, corn syrup, and water; Bring to a boil on medium high. DO NOT STIR AND BE CAREFUL! Boil until it turns a warm golden brown as pictured.
5. When sugar mixture is golden brown slowly pour the cream mixture into the sugar. Again be careful and do this slowly because the sugar mixture will bubble up violently.
6. Cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes until the mixture reaches 248F
7. Pour caramel into pan and cool for 10 minutes; sprinkle the coarse salt onto it and then let cool.
8. Refrigerate for a while then cut into pieces
This is a great thing to make for a Valentine or just for fun. It’s been a big hit at my house.
note: I used a recipe from this site and she has a really easily printable version of it as well.