I’ve been on the hunt for healthier yummy sides to eat with my meals. These are two of my new finds that I LOVE!
Asparagus – buy a decent size bundle
3 tablespoons butter
10 oz frozen peas
1 lb radish
salt and pepper
1. Chop up your asparagus into decent size chunks while you let a large pot of water come to a boil.
2. Place the asparagus in the boiling water. Prep an ice bath for the asparagus while it boils for 3-4 minutes. It should still be crisp.
3. Transfer to ice bath to let cool then put on paper towels to dry. You can wrap the asparagus in a paper towel and plastic wrap and refrigerate for a day to do some of the prep ahead as well.
4. Chop up your radishes into quarters or smaller depending on preference.
5. In a large pan over medium heat place butter. Add your peas and asparagus. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes until warmed through.
6. Remove from heat and add radishes, salt and pepper.
7. Serve warmed and enjoy!
1 head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1 garlic clove
1. Chop the cauliflower up into smaller chunks. You can chop the stalk up or discard it.
2. Boil the cauliflower in a pot for 10-15 minutes until soft when stabbed with a fork.
3. Drain cauliflower and put into a food process or bowl to mash.
4. Add butter and milk to the processor and turn it on for a few minutes until it all starts to combine.
5. Add minced garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper.
6. Continue to mix until it has a consistency of mashed potatoes.
What is your favorite side dish to have with meals? I’m pretty addicted to cauliflower mash currently.